New Age Shinobi RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The will of fire burns brightly in you! Learn the way of the Ninja and bring forth a new age of Shinobi!...Have fun!

Clan Character Creation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyte

Lyte

Clan Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:45 am

From now on I think it would be a good idea for everyone who is creating a character with a bloodline, to PM the creater of the clan to both see if the clan creater is okay with them having a spot (which is really just a curtisy thing), and to see if there are any spots available.
Back to top Go down
Mitsuomi Sensui
Head of Storyline
Mitsuomi Sensui

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 pm

The Clans created are indeed respected by the creator, but in no way is one permitted to dictate who is passed into the clan. The reason this will be is because a clan is unable to decide who is born into it, therefore members are always different especially in famous clans. Spots available are obviously displayed on the clan creation page unless there are no spots and only one member is allowed within it, it will be updated by Admins I believe or Moderators when spots are taken. It is within the Moderator or Admin's power to dictate whether said person is eligible for the clan since we are the ones able to approve/deny things. Honestly the creator, especially those who have worked hard to create a custom made bloodline should be pleased and almost flattered that someone took the time to read, and want to be, part of their created art. Normally it would be considered respectful to ask the creator, but unless the clan states "My Permission" in terms of acceptance to it. The creator of the clan is in no way shape or form able to control access to it, now in terms of changing one or two things about the clan in a character creation that I can sympathize with.
Back to top Go down
Fates Retribution

Fates Retribution

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:43 pm

I believe he just wants at least get a PM or something, as most people do not read anything when they sign up for a bloodline.

I would know I have created many in the past on other websites, and it is indeed annoying to have someone make multiple mistakes right off the bat without asking for help first.

Also honestly don't even give me a mod speech we are all human the moment you think you are better is when the site fails, not saying it as an act of disrespect or anything but seriously don't think your better due to a title.

Lyte's question in this is only to have others at least ask for help if they make a mistake, it is also nice to know WHO is in the clan as then you can actually update a list of them, and know the affairs and the owners of said RPC's etc. As then you can get a bigger input into making it better. That is all he wanted really.
Back to top Go down
Mitsuomi Sensui
Head of Storyline
Mitsuomi Sensui

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:54 pm

I find it hard to believe that you Fate would perfectly understand a message sent by lyte in which sense I would expect if my statement was wrong in anyway he would be the one to respond to me in his defense. I am speaking only on behalf of the staff, I do not imply that I am better due to title, the mere idea of such is completely absurd and if that is the impression given off because of my speech then re-evaluate the thoughts you present, My apologies for the statement. Something like this was posted in the Announcement section meaning that Mod speech is to expected in response, if he wanted peer to peer comments and suggestions there is a section listed for just something like that.

Secondly, if people do not read the Clan they want to be part of they obviously will mess up on it, in which case the staff who have approved the bloodline will comment on behalf of the person who is the creator, if there is an exception the creator should let us know otherwise. Keep in mind it should be updated on the clan page itself who is in the clan and once you see one the page like I said, who is in the clan, then you can keep up with their role playing and such. This can also help in known the available spots left. The primary response in this on what I am saying, not to offend, Is that even though he/she is the creator, A clan posted is to be expected to be used by everyone unless stated otherwise. It would help in terms of being fair to people that appriciate the work one's put into to making the clan. It is our job to decide who enters a clan of famous nature, if the creator is that much opposed to it, they can request through PM that the clan be edited so that their decision and permission is needed upon entry.

All suggestions that one may have about improving the clan can be done in pm or whatever means, then from that the user can request that they be allowed to edit their clan to make the necessary changes. No one is trying to pick on Lyte because of this proposal, I say this because it seems as though that is the impression your getting by my words of direct pursuit on the matter. At least by your statement, would suggest otherwise. I will repeat this again, suggestions like this are not to be placed in the Announcement section otherwise, expect strong critique from staff to member. We are all well aware of our place as human beings, no one is in essence better than another no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Ahira
Head of Moderators
Ahira

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Quote :
as most people do not read anything when they sign up for a bloodline.

That's the fault of the player, Yuki, and you know this. I know you get just as annoyed as I do when people don't fully take the time out to read the stuff you've written. It is the player's responsibility to read up on everything regarding the bloodline they choose to take and if they have any questions afterward, to ask the creator. You and I didn't go through the hassle of idiot-proofing Tensei for nothing, remember?

Quote :
I would know I have created many in the past on other websites, and it is indeed annoying to have someone make multiple mistakes right off the bat without asking for help first.

Again, this is the fault of the player, and not the creator. You know this as well.

Quote :
Also honestly don't even give me a mod speech we are all human the moment you think you are better is when the site fails, not saying it as an act of disrespect or anything but seriously don't think your better due to a title.

This comment is completely out of hand and uncalled for. I'm not about to sit here and listen to this same mess that made me leave NRC in the first place. No one on staff has extended any sort of authority outside of their own limits, nor have any of the staff treated any of the other members as though they were not of merit to anything. That's why you and I, back on Tensei, never had anything negative to say to anyone who submitted their profiles for any bloodline. Positive reinforcement yields positive results.

Sure, give credit where credit is due and everything, but I personally don't see the problem here. Ask for a PM, fine, but when someone makes a mistake after taking the time to read something, the last thing a person wants to deal with is a bunch of people - mods, Admins, members or otherwise - jumping down their throats about stuff and making the player feel like shit. I've seen it done too many times on NRC and a few times here and I don't appreciate that sort of attitude coming from anyone, be they Admin, Mod, or regular members. That discourages the role player both as a person and as a player. People on both staff and as players should be helping others to grow as writers, not being asses about it.

And now I'm taking the time to make my own personal announcement: I will not tolerate the degradation of any player's character when being submitted into Character Creation. When you give responses, it's specifically given as constructive criticism and derogatory statements are neither beneficial nor are they necessary. You can make your point just as easily without sounding like a jerk about it.

On that note, this tit-for-tat shit ends now. All of us are old enough and should be mature enough to be above all of this.
Back to top Go down
Fates Retribution

Fates Retribution

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Edit: I will summarize all that I said in this tiny run on sentence(s).

Without asking the creator before hand and getting their approval on something the creator reserves the right to complain about them if they abuse it or use it out of the original context, with approval of the creator the creator loses the right to complain about said actions due to the fact that they themselves approved use of it by that person.

Without this being done flame wars will start, arguments will be had, characters will be destroyed plot wise, people will reject their own stuff and petty wars shall begin between people. Though if that isn't clear enough then i can point you all to actual peoples profiles whom have abused various things, and I can state instances in which this has happened, as it will happen no one can stop it as we are not all powerful etc. So please listen to me now at least get the creator to sign off on someone using their creation so they lack the ability to complain if it is abused. As the one whom loses in the other case is always the one whom made it not the one whom abused, if not more people.

Last edited by Fates Retribution on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ahira
Head of Moderators
Ahira

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:34 pm

I do see the big picture. But don't doom the site even before it's gotten started. That's not like you anyways.

And again no one bothers to listen to what I'm telling them. No one is saying you CAN'T PM someone if you want to use their bloodline. That's fine, whatever. But you have to ASK for help. And if the help isn't asked for and they make the mistake after reading everything, constructive criticism is what is needed, not insults or anything negative. I was under the impression that role playing was about displaying, improving, and appreciating the skills both you have as a writer as well as the written work of others.

Quote :
but if they did read the bloodline etc. then they would KNOW how to make it correctly, a mistake here and there is fine, it's just a little mistake, but what I am talking about is the asshole whom abuses everything and the future not the right now. It will happen and when it does expect anyone to be sympathetic when it happens. As one bad apple ruins the whole bunch so shall one abusive clansmen ruin a clan.

I don't expect the "assholes" to be able to get away with anything on here. Hence why we call them assholes. We didn't let that shit fly on Tensei and you know me well enough, Yuki, to know that I'm not about to let that shit fly now. I'm too anal about anything that I make, as well as what you make, as I had to double back and mod a lot of people's shit on your behalf as you did mine.

So yes, fine, PM the person if you want permission, but none of this bitching out crap when the profile gets put up in creation after you've given the person necessary help with their character. Then that fault will fall on the creator and not the person applying for the bloodline.

Back to top Go down
Fates Retribution

Fates Retribution

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:41 pm

I edited my post to better express what I thought on the matter, also you posted at the same time as me XD

Also though it's not that I don't trust you but I don't trust anyone without any form of rules in place. Not even myself as we all make mistakes, but if we have it written down and it doesn't get changed it is much, much harder to break, if not impossible, because trust me "assholes" aren't just rude oh no the guy I was talking about is very nice, until you give him something then he is a jerk, but only in the abusing department. So they ninja their way in and then become a weed, you just have to do what I said it shall cut back on it allot.

Back to top Go down
Mitsuomi Sensui
Head of Storyline
Mitsuomi Sensui

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:14 pm

*Sigh* Trust me lad, it is clear what your saying but like I said before, if they want control, state in creation..That will be the end of this.
Back to top Go down
Lyte

Lyte

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Wow, this got really out of hand... All I wanted was for someone to say "Hey Im want a spot in your clan, that cool?" and Id be like "Yeah of course bro, thanks for the PM." All I want is to know who is in the clans Ive created, the only reason Id say no is if someone wanted a slot and... wait, no, I wouldnt. I just wanna know who makes an RPC in my clan. Come on, its just common curtisy to ask permission, I mean of course Im going to give it.
Back to top Go down
Mitsuomi Sensui
Head of Storyline
Mitsuomi Sensui

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Once again I repeat, unless the clan is specified that permission is needed for acceptance, first come first serve..Unless the clan has an organization that it will need to function under the decision on the created spot is completely up to the player, all members will be posted on the clan's page, aside from this if the reason you want control is to make sure your clan isn't disgraced, then allow them to be weak that way their character will be killed and the spot will remain open, of course if it bothers you, I myself will request permission from you if I have thoughts on making a character of a clan you submitted..Either way this is for the benefit of people who are unable to think of their own clans and would like to try something cool, the objective of this is to have fun not deprive someone of it..
Back to top Go down
Lyte

Lyte

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Look, dude, all Im asking for is some common curtisy. If people want a spot in my clan, all they have to do is ask! thats all I want!!!
Back to top Go down
Mitsuomi Sensui
Head of Storyline
Mitsuomi Sensui

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:11 pm

Need I repeat myself..Let that be to the creator of the user, however my word isn't final if the majority has no problem with this request then so be it. It is indeed a simple request, but it also can be argued being that clans created by you so far on the site are clans that are cannon, or at least most are, not only this but they are the most popular ones, anyone who is a naruto fan but is having writers block on clan creation will want in..But not everyone will like to be told by someone that they are not suited for a clan, if the spots are all filled be advised that it will be made known, like I have said before first come first serve...If there is really any objections on this rule being passed then please be my guest and second him, either way it doesn't bother me I'm trying to remain un-bias.
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Is this done?
Back to top Go down
http://newagerp.omgforum.net
Ahira
Head of Moderators
Ahira

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 pm

It pretty much is. We've already handled this situation as it was deemed necessary.
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 pm

Trashed
Back to top Go down
http://newagerp.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan Character Creation   Clan Character Creation Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clan Character Creation
Page 1 of 1