New Age Shinobi RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The will of fire burns brightly in you! Learn the way of the Ninja and bring forth a new age of Shinobi!...Have fun!

~

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yokorumi

Yokorumi

~ Empty
PostSubject: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Done

Last edited by Yokorumi on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Right on, this is like a combination of several Spirit Guide things I've seen before, the most recognizable being The Golden Compass series and their spirit guide companions. So just to point something out because although implied over and over I don't even know if I'm certain.

The beasts for the callers are not physical until summoned correct? they don't live somewhere in the natural world, their on some kind of spiritual plane?
Back to top Go down
http://newagerp.omgforum.net
Yokorumi

Yokorumi

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Nope not quite, its more like you summon a spiritual guide to combine with a real animal, and it alters their form and its like having a fuzzy buddy that pals around with you (or not, can't help it if someone opts for fish or reptiles and such). Thus why I didn't bother making a summoning jutsu for them.

And ha, I didn't even think of the Golden Compass but it is sort of like that except you never really see your spirit buddy/demon XD
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Never see them... I missed something, they can't fight if you can't see them...
Also clans exist for paling around with beasts.

Inuzuka for Pups
Hatakeyama for Demonic Crows

More can be made for individual species. If this can tame their species I have to ask that it not be made out of respect for the other clans. Then again the whole concept seems to be confusing me now.
Back to top Go down
Yokorumi

Yokorumi

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:29 pm

There are the people and pets, and then there are the spiritual guides. The spiritual guides fuse with the people and/or pets. Thus you don't see the guides, just the Kamui members, and in the case of Animals-to-Call their pet buddies. You can't really fight spirits anyways, and not sure how spirits would fight back. Too ghostly.

And sure, I can say "No dogs or crows" for the Animals-to-Call if you want, or do you not want Shapeshifter crows and dogs too? Just so I've got it straightened out.

However if it helps I'll give you an example. I'm going to basically make a neko girl, and she's going to be of the Animal-to-Call side. Basically she'll have a tiger as her first animal-to-call who, when she was young, her spiritual guide summoned a spiritual guide for the tiger, and thus he gained an appearance alteration and an ability. He'll always be physically present, just a little special/out-of-place next to a normal tiger. Only way he vanishes if someone kills him, which will depress the heck out of my character.
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Alright well I'm starting to understand, and the limit on animals won't be needed.
But just so everything makes sense to everyone I'd appreciate one of my o' so handy moderators to have a browse on this. And let me know if they see any issues that I'm either not understanding, or missed completely.
Back to top Go down
Yokorumi

Yokorumi

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 pm

It won't? Hmm do you have a suggestion to bump it up then? Cause I thought only summons get kekkei genkai, so the point of these pets were that they get one too...would it be all right to allow them to have two then to make it spiffy? Or was that something you missed?

PS: made minor edit at the bottom, mostly wanna be PMed by interested folks so I can help them since this seems to be a bit confusing >.<
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:13 am

Oh, I meant putting up restrictions about birds and dogs, rofl.

And thusfar its making sense to me, its just never specified how powerful each beast is, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Yokorumi

Yokorumi

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:45 am

Oooh okay, coolness towards animals, just don't want to tread on any feet accidentally mostly wanted options for folks. Is everything else fine or are there still confusions?

As to the beasts...I'm not sure how to compare them if you want one. They're basically pet-nin with an ability attached, so sort of like being a summons while having to learn jutsu still. If that helps...
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:48 am

Make it so the pets have to be applied for, and design a coding template for them.
Afterward we should be ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Yokorumi

Yokorumi

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:00 am

Added in a template (mostly copied the summon/pet one if that's all right) and they do have to be applied for before using. The first one is applied for at the same time as the app is going through the review process, and the later two have to be approved before you can gain them, even stated in the ability when I wrote it out at the tail end there ^^
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:04 am

Right seems good, if issues arise we can fix them then.

APPROVED
Back to top Go down
Ahira
Head of Moderators
Ahira

~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~   ~ Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:38 am

Moved back as requested by user.
Back to top Go down
Yokorumi

Yokorumi